Graceland International School is in need of a Guidance Counselor
- Developing and implement an all-encompassing educational and counseling plan.
- Fostering equal opportunity practices and encourage students’ association.
- Paying attention to cultural or societal differences in dealing with the students.
We are seeking a qualified Guidance Counselor to support and educate secondary school students through a well-prepared counseling program. You will serve as the facilitator for the attaining of students’ academic or career goals, and assist them in developing their social and mental capacity. The goal is to enable the students to become mature and well-functioning adults.
- Develop and implement an all-encompassing educational and counseling plan with modern methods of teaching and mentoring.
- Foster equal opportunity practices and encourage students’ association.
- Pay attention to cultural or societal differences in dealing with the students.
- Conduct group or individual counseling sessions to assist students with problems or concerns.
- Assess students’ attributes and help them realize their strengths.
- Evaluate the progress of students and reinforce the sense of accomplishment.
- Identify behavioral problems or at-risk students and act appropriately.
- Cooperate with parents and teachers as well as other interested parties.
- Complete assessments and tests, analyze results and provide feedback.
- Study and update student records.
- Prepare and present reviews on progress.
- Must be a Born Again Christian.
- Proven experience as a guidance counselor or teacher
- Integrity and professionalism
- Ability to operate within a wide range of student personalities and backgrounds
- Education in various models of teaching, best counseling practices and regulations
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence abilities
- Basic knowledge of computers
- B.Ed degree in guidance counseling;
- M.Ed in guidance counseling is an added advantage;