As a teacher at Graceland International School you should:
- Be true to Graceland International School Mission Statement and work to achieve the ideals set out
- Foster a good quality of relationships with children and their families, particularly those in their class, being aware of the pastoral role that is necessary in a good school
- Be wholeheartedly committed to the Christian aims and ethos of the school and be able to implement those aims in your work
- Contribute to the ethos of Graceland International School
- Treat all children as in your care and not just in your class
- Encourage the home/school partnership and
- Contribute to the life of the school
The successful candidate may also be required to take on the role of a Form teacher.
In particular the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach Biology up to IGCSE.
- Provide an example of excellence as the leading classroom practitioner and inspire and motivate other staff.
- Improve the quality of teaching and learning in his/her departmental area.
- Be part of the process of curriculum development ensuring that it reflects the schools aims and meets the current and future needs of all pupils.
- To oversee the teaching of Biology throughout the school and the implementation of the curriculum (Both Nigerian and British)
- To seek opportunities for pupils to engage in activities with other schools, competitions and challenges in Biology supporting both pupil enhancement and raising of school profile
- To raise the profile of Biology across the school
- Be Born Again
- Have an M.Sc Qualification as an added advantage
- To instill enthusiasm, excitement, curiosity and creativity in their subject.
- To assist and support colleagues in the department who may not be Biology specialists
- To identify and promote core learning skills and teaching strategies in their own subject and help to encourage best practice through support, advice and CDP opportunities.
- To identify monitor and support Individual Educational Needs at both ends of the ability spectrum, liaising with the SENCO and AG&T co-ordinator as appropriate.
- To be fully conversant with the requirements of Common Entrance, Senior School Scholarships and the National Curriculum for their subject, and therefore with appropriate levels of attainment for each year group.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the general purpose of the post that may from time to time be reasonably assigned by the Headteacher including chairing/participating on such committees and working parties as the principal may require.
- To be proactive on behalf of the school in external matters, particularly in relation to those concerning Foreign and local partnerships with schools
- To be aware of any signs of stress, emotional imbalance or learning difficulties and keep appropriate people informed over these concerns
- To organise the classroom in a way that is conducive to an effective learning process resulting in a well-ordered, stimulating and attractive environment.
- Ensure that each child is working to the best of his/her ability is well disciplined, well mannered, considerate and happy!
At Graceland International School we recognize that every individual is responsible for promoting and
safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons s/he is accountable for, or comes into contact with